In her current life, Merlyna Lim is/does:
- a human, a woman.
- love music. play piano & guitar.
- a singer & arranger.
- a compulsive doodler. an artist.
- sew her own dresses, skirts, and tops.
- solve math problems for fun.
- (no longer) play bridge and wordle.
- enjoy cooking and be cooked for.
- have a phd, a Dr who can’t cure :-).
- a professor.
- a research chair. canada research chair, to be exact.
- have a “big” heart, quite literally.
- kinda royal.
- love tofu & tempeh.
- a coffee drinker, especially (all variants of) espresso.
- on wikipedia.
- do not laugh easily but love to make people laugh – resep heureuy :-).
- continue to be Lady Dayeuh(kolot) :-).
In her previous life(s), Merlyna Lim was:
- an award-winning designer and architect.
- a piano/keyboard accompanist. a violinist. a harmonica player.
- a lead singer in multiple bands. an a cappella singer. a choir singer, conductor and coach.
- a high-school physics teacher. a math tutor. an art teacher.
- a math whiz and nerd. a math competition winner.
- a chest player. addicted to playing in-person bridge.
- a 2D and 3D rendering artist — hand-drawing and digital.
- a dough kneader. a shop attendant. a kite-string threader.
Now, Merlyna Lim:
lives in mucho-frio-yet-lovely Ottawa, with her award-winning musician inamorato, accompanied by a black Steinway Vertegrand, a sitar, a banjo, a mandolin, a ukulele, a trumpet, violins, harmonicas, guitars, dozens of paintings and plants, and thousands of books.
Profile photo: Lim in Ottawa, May 2021
Banner image: Lim & the Autumn, October 2021.